Sunday, March 27, 2011

Catching up with Lochlan

Lochlan is almost 12 pounds!! Can you believe it? He's 11 pounds, 10 1/2 ounces. And is 25 1/4 inches long. Grow buddy grow!!! I was so happy to see that number on the scale. I almost did a double take!!! He gained almost a pound in 2 weeks!!! Soooo great for him!
Must be all the overnight feedings! (Trying to be positive in that regard - ha ha!)

His vocabulary is increasing as well. He now does his ba ba ba sounds, and da da da sounds. I've even heard a few ma ma ma sounds! Usually in the dead of night I hear (or at least I think I hear "mommmmmma." Perhaps thinking I hear that makes it easier to get out of bed to feed him! lol



Last week Abby, Lochlan and I went grocery shopping and Abby was doing a line from Baby Einstein to Lochlan and he started joining in. What a hoot! I finally remembered I had my iPod with me and was able to capture a little bit of it. He was playing me a bit but eventually started saying it back! Hilarious! And sorry to the crusty people (if there were any) that may have been annoyed by the loudness of it all. But really, how can you not encourage it?! : )



Lochlan is building up his muscles too. He's able to sit up briefly (like maybe 10 seconds) before falling over to the side. He had an appointment with the special infant clinic this past Wednesday and they were very impressed with him. He can transfer objects back and forth in his hands and bang them together so the main thing we are going to work on is his core muscle strength. And encourage him to sit up on his own.

But man, he is amazing!!! I keep reminiscing as we approach the one year mark since my membranes ruptured and this crazy emotional roller coaster began. But I'd like to save that for another blog closer to the date.

He goes to see Dr. Moore (pedetrician) on Thursday. We'll see if he's gained some more weight and see if there are any other recommendations.

I need to cut this a bit shorter than I'd like since Lochlan is now waking up.
Til next time. (and I'll post some pics too!)
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment