Friday, June 25, 2010

"Everything's going to be alright"

Thank you for your prayers for my sister, Terri. They worked! Both baby and Terri are doing much better. They still are baffled as to what actually happened but the care she is receiving and the antibiotics, etc are doing there thing. Baby is staying in his or her comfy cozy cocoon for the time being. Looks like Terri will be discharged after the weekend and be back in a few weeks to have the baby by induction. Those few more weeks will really make a difference in the well being of the baby. Even though it's close to full term, it can continue to grow and get stronger and then Terri & Barry will be able to take the baby home with them rather than it staying in the NICU. It's hard though, they were mentally preparing to have the baby as were we and now it's an about face. Hard to wrap your head around everything but it is definitely in the best interest of my little niece or nephew.

Onto Lochlan. He is doing so well. We had another snuggle yesterday!!! Kathleen was his nurse (she's great) and right away asked if I'd like to hold him. Uh, that's a no brainer! Felt so right. He was alert and trying to look up at me.



Then he ate and settled in and had a good nap. *sigh* I love him so much.
While he was cuddled with me he was sat'ing at 100 and she had to keep turning down his O2. Woo-hoo!


They may be adjusting some of his vent settings today to try to wean him. Although his nurse last night did say that because his leak is so big (with his tube) it may or may not affect him. He actually could be doing way better but needing more 02 because it's not reaching him properly. So we shall see. He may be tried out on BiPap sooner that we think. He so wants that tube gone and I don't blame him.

Last night his weight was up 35 grams so he now weighs 1430. (3 pounds 3 ounces)
Grow baby grow!



Throughout this journey I have had the song "Everythings going to be alright" by Deana Carter in my head. Here are lyrics:

There are times when my heart is uneasy with fear
The answers are nowhere in sight
Then I hear a sweet voice whisper soft in my ear
Everything's gonna be alright


When I see the people with hunger in their eyes
And no guidance through the night
Once again that sweet voice whispers soft in my ear, sayin'
Everything's gonna be alright


I'll show you the way if you'll only believe
Everything's gonna be alright
I'll show you the way if you just believe me
Everything's gonna be alright


Now I can see it's all comin' home
The message rings clear and bright
Just as He promised, no one ever walks alone
And His love will show the light


See the light shine, oh how it shines
Everything's gonna be alright
See the light shine, oh how it shines
Everything's gonna be alright
Everything's gonna be alright
Everything's gonna be alright
Everything's gonna be alright
Everything's gonna be alright


3 comments:

  1. he's awesome jen cant wait to meet Lochlan Cousin Lisa and Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaawww Jen those pics are beautiful. Lochlan looks like he is telling you everything is going to be all right mommy. He looks so content lying next to you and you look like you are on cloud nine! I can't wait till the day you are posting pics of Lochlan's homecoming! So happy to hear all is well with your sister. I guess Lochlan didn't want to share his room with his cousin...lol. Hugs and prayers are still being said daily for you and your family. Take care and please keep posting those beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His eyebrows are starting to show up! That`s a sign that he`s becoming a big boy! He looks so good Jenn. And I am so glad for Terri and her husband. Hang in there, you'll be going home sooner than it feels. One day they'll suddenly look at you and tell you to get ready to stay round the clock to feed the next day (if he is going to nurse fully) and then BAM you'll be going home.

    ReplyDelete