Wednesday, July 7, 2010

9 weeks old and a surprise!

Wow! 10 weeks old? Seriously? And 35 weeks corrected age. (gestational age) ***correction at 12:40am*** 9 weeks old and 34 weeks corrected age. Whoops! Got ahead of myself! (and confused...hee hee)

You know when you watch a really good movie and your cheeks hurt from smiling so much? That's how I felt today while I was holding him. He is incredible. I know I said this yesterday, but I am sooooo proud of him.

He has such a good suck on his soother that Julie, his nurse, said this afternoon "I bet he'd nurse a little. I can't believe no one's tried it before..." And then Kathleen, another nurse in the room, said "Definitely, he would." So they were like, "let's try it!" And I was completely surprised. Not at all what I was expecting to be able to do right now.

And guess what? My lil monkey took to it like a champ! Unbelievable! He didn't get much but it was the motion and getting him used to it...and man, I still can't believe that happened! To think that not even a week ago, he was still intubated and now he's started to nurse a teeny tiny bit. Crazy! And so welcomed!

They did say that he might not react the same way the next time. But I'm so very proud and will take it any way I can.

He has proven time and time again, that he is a true fighter and not to be underestimated!

Go Lochlan!

P.S. Abby had a fabulous birthday party! She was so excited and happy.

3 comments:

  1. :) :) :) :) :) SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY FOR YOU!
    Get ready, you'll be asked if you can stay over 24 hours if you want to nurse round the clock at home. That's only a few weeks away! GO LOCHLAN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jen that is amazing news!!! Our prayers have been answered, I will continue to pray for your sweet little boy!! Go Lochlan!! Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl, she is a precious little angel, and looks just like her beautiful mommy. Hugs and prayers. Take care and plz keep blogging, I love hearing how weell Lochlan is doing. Gets lots of rest now, cause before you know it you will be bringing your sweet baby boy home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little girl is beyond cute! Happy birthday, Abby!

    Congratulations on the nursing. Hoping to follow your footsteps next week! Timmy is showing rooting signs so I'm hopeful...

    ReplyDelete