Saturday, July 10, 2010

A weekend mind break!

The last few days Lochlan has had a male nurse so I wasn't quite comfortable mentioning that we had tried nursing a little. No offence to him but I'm sure if I was consistenly nursing, it wouldn't be an option and I'd deal and wouldn't care as much...but right now, I sort of do have the option.

Lochlan is now officially 3 1/2 pounds! (He lost 5 grams last night but is at 1590 grams) His high flow settings were reduced on Wednesday to 5 (the amount of pressure I believe that forces the air into his lungs) but was back up to 6 yesterday. His O2 was on the climb so they thought they'd give him a break and go back to a little higher of a setting. He'll get there. And like I keep saying, "slow and steady wins the race!"

Last night, Rob and I went in together. It's been a long time since we were able to go in together. We're usually tag teaming it. We dropped Abby off for a sleepover at Nana & Poppa's because we went to Elton John last night! It was a wonderful evening. Snuggle with my son, rockin' it out with Elton. We had a really great time.

I'm super excited for today - one of my best friends from high school is getting married!!!!! We are off to Ancaster today and it will be so nice to get out of the city, away from everything for a bit of a mental break. Abby is spending the day with her Aunt Chrissy, Uncle Brad, and her cousins, Blake and Owen. I know that she is going to love hanging out with them and will be super excited for her sleepover. (as will the boys!) And my mom actually woke me up at 8:20 this morning when she called! I can't remember the last time I slept in! (minus the times to get up to pump) I feel very refreshed as a result.

I'd better get ready to go. It's a bit of a drive so I'd like to get there and take a nap before all of the festivites begin. I don't want to be fighting to stay awake and be ready for bed after dinner!!!! I'd be so disappointed!

Oh and on a side note, my sister Terri is doing well. She goes in next Monday and will be induced on the Tuesday and is expected to have the baby on the 20th. Can't wait to meet the newest member of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment