Friday, June 18, 2010

Another snuggle

Yesterday afternoon Lochlan and I got to have another snuggle. LONG overdue! It felt like it went by so fast! We had about a 40 min snuggle - not skin to skin this time though, just in case he needed to be put back quickly. Although to be honest, I don't see the difference...he still has all the tubes, etc...oh well.

Last night his weight was up 20grams...so he now weighs 1245grams.(2 pounds and 12oz)
His O2 has been in the 40s which isn't totally pleasing to me but he is fighting another infection.

Yes, I know - another one! The swab they took last week from his tube turned out to be positive. So my lil monkey has to deal with another infection. Chances are that he's had it there all along and it just finally decided to flare up. I was told that this could have been something that I had and passed on to him when he was in the womb. We will never know. This could also be the reason he didn't do so well on BiPAP and needed to be reintubated. Obviously the infection affects his lungs as well.

So he is on some different antibiotics now and fingers crossed and prayers said that he fights this one off and can get back to being ready to be extubated.

This morning when I went in for our visit, his vent settings were adjusted again. They went down on his ...hmmm can't remember what it's called. Peep I think. I get the Pip and the Peep mixed up. Anyway he's now at 18 & 6 with those two. Which is a great step in the right direction. Preps him better too to be extubated!

Anyhoo, I thought I'd write a quick update before I get back to painting. We have an open house on Sunday so there are some last minute decorating updates to be done. We put another offer in on a house and it was accepted but we need to sell our place as one of the conditions of course. This is the third house we've put an offer in on and it's been accepted. I pray that the third time is the charm and everything works out. (the last 2 someone else has come in without conditions and we lost the house)

Positive thoughts! I would just really like this part of our lives to be dealt with really. Get rid of a little added stress. Is that too much to ask? I know all of my prayers have been focused on Lochlan, but I'd love to be in a new house and settled before he comes home. I don't want to be moving soon after he gets home. But I suppose if that's what has to happen, then that's what has to happen!

But please be in the cards!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment