Saturday, June 19, 2010

Getting ready to meet baby "brudder"

Lochlan's weight last night was up again 20 grams! (to 1265 grams)
As of 6pm tonight he is up to 8ml (or cc) of breastmilk and is set to go up again at midnight to 9ml! Woo-hoo! We're getting there in the feeds. His full feedings will be roughly 16ml so we're getting super close! So if he keeps tolerating it well, he should be up to full feeds by midnight on Monday! (And if I did my calculations correctly too!)

When I visited this afternoon he was pretty tired. I didn't disturb him with chatting all that much and putting my hands on him. I wanted to let him have a great sleep. Aylssa his nurse today said that'd he'd been awake a lot throughout the day.
They also adjusted one of his vent settings to go back to a different system that he was on a few days ago because he was tiring out a bit.

Tomorrow we are planning on a snuggle and then Rob will bring Abby in to meet her baby "brudder!" I can't wait. We have been talking about Lochlan a lot with Abby and she mentions him now and then so we think now would be a good time for them to meet. We were going to wait until it got closer to him coming home but think she is ready now. And this way it will hopefully help her connect the dots a little bit more. Today when I mentioned that I was going to visit her baby brother, I asked her if she wanted me to say hi to Lochlan for her and she said yes. (and she didn't get upset when I left either) A very good sign!

I can't wait. I really hope Lochlan has a good day tomorrow so we can have the snuggle and the visit and get in a family pic or two as well!

1 comment:

  1. So happy our prayers are working and Lochlan is getting stronger every day. I am looking forward to seeing those family pics so please post them as soon as you can. May god continue to bless you and your family Jenn. Continue to stay positive and we will continue to pray for you and your amazing family.

    ReplyDelete