Monday, June 14, 2010

New pics and improvements


The green thing is his soother. It looks huge! They actually cut off quite a bit so that it fits around his tubes.



I must apologize for not blogging sooner. We moved our computer down to the basement and the cable wasn't working.

Lochlan is improving with each passing day. I am so very proud of him. His oxygen has remained pretty much below 35% with the last few nights around 28%. He definitely prefers his tummy over his back. Mommy too!

His vent settings have been lowered again! Wonderful news! He is slowly being weaned from the vent. His bpm are now at 45 and they changed some other setting as well. But I'm not sure what.

He occasionally drifts in his saturation but rarely needs to be intervened with more o2. He's able to recover A LOT better than before. I have a feeling that if he hadn't of gotten this stupid infection he's been fighting that he would have been weaned a lot sooner. But at least it's happening now. I pray that he only continues to get better and stronger day by day.

They did take a swab of some of his secretions yesterday as a precaution. Fingers crossed he doesn't have another infection! But again it's a precaution and they weren't too concerned about it.

He's still on 1ml of breastmilk every 6 hours. They didn't want to increase it just yet. But the nurse tonight said that they probably will tomorrow to 1ml every 4 hours.

Last night he weighed 1175 grams (2 pounds, 9 ounces) but tonight he was down 30 or 35 I can't remember what she said. So that makes him 1140 grams or so - 2 lbs, 8 oz or 2 and a half pounds!) He did have his lasix today so that can cause some weight loss as it gets rid of extra fluids. The nurse said she is going to mention this and suggest they add some more sugars to his TPN so he'll start gaining some more weight.

Today I brought in 2 stories to read to him. I was reciting from memory the other day since Abby and I read so many books together over and over again you tend to know them by heart! I took in "I love you through and through" and "Someday."

Saturday when I was visiting, there was a new baby that had been born. The daddy was in visiting immediately after the birth and I really felt his emotions. It really choked me up as it brought me right back to when we first began this crazy rollercoaster journey. I really felt for him. The unknown, the worry, the confusion, the pain, the concern, the love...

I wanted to reach out and say that his baby is in incredible care and that I get it.


These are his digs!


A couple of the machines that monitor him and keep things going.

Close up of where his settings were that day. (Sunday)

No comments:

Post a Comment