Thursday, May 13, 2010

Comfy Cozy

Lochlan had another great day! While I visited this afternoon he had his lil arm up over his head. This was not the arm that doesn't have many lines...oh no this was the arm that has the splint on it to keep all the lines steady. Mostly his main picc line as they call it. My lil muscle man! He looked so cute and comfy.

He also is continuing to feed every 4 hours at 1cc and he had a poop today! lol....I'm so proud!

He had his umbilical cord line or whatever it was that was attached there removed today so he was put on his belly tonight. His oxygen is sitting around 28-29 percent. (room air is 21%) but it's much better today than yesterday.
But he also had a lot done yesterday.

We still have not been given the official results of his brain scan. The nurse did say unofficially that we shouldn't worry. Also that the doctor has to be the one to talk to us about it. Which really seems contradictory. But I'm trusting that everything is fine.

He started some medication today to close a duct that is open in his heart. (this generally closes while in the womb I believe) It will be 3 days of meds for that and hopefully it will close. If not, the process will be repeated and then if that still doesn't work, he will need surgery. Please God, let it close with the first process. Abby had a small hole in her heart when she was born and it caused a small murmur but they said it should close itself by the time she is 2 I think. I'm not sure if it's the same type of deal for Lochlan or not but it would be bigger and more of a concern given his gestational age. We shall see.

My cough seems to have gotten worse as the day progressed. Which means that unless by chance I heal overnight, I won't be able to go see Loch tomorrow. I am deeply saddened by this. But it's just way too risky to carry that in to the NICU. So strange, without having any other symptoms...I would think it was a side effect from being under the general, but Abby has a cough like mine too. Good times when you've had a c-section let me tell you! Thanks for that! Luckily I am healing really well.
I drove myself to the hospital this afternoon to visit Lochlan. My mother in law called tonight to give me trouble! (I'm not supposed to drive for a couple of weeks.) But it's just so much easier. And I hate troubling others. Guess I crave a little bit of normalcy in my life too.

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out how she knew.

Until tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment