Monday, May 17, 2010

Sweet baby boy

Finally! I got to see my wee lil guy! I hadn't seen him since Thursday since I've been fighting this cough. It settled down enough that I decided it was a must to see Lochlan today. I am definitely on the mend. I stayed for about an hour and a half and it was wonderful. Some people would think, "man, this is pretty boring." And it can be if you let it, but just being in the same room with him is worth every minute. I brought along my book to keep myself a little occupied.

Stats today: his oxygen levels were sitting at around 35%...not fabulous, but he's doing well. He had another echo done on his chest and unofficially the duct has closed! Which is wonderful news! He is, I believe I mentioned the last post, off of the morphine and the dopamine. He is now only on fluids and my breastmilk. I'm so proud of him.

He now weighs 1 pound and 14 ounces. At least that was his weight as of last night. He's gaining as he weighed 1 pound, 12 ounces when he was born. Keep packing it on!

He had a bath last night and has been put on his tummy in the rotation as well. So cute. I can't wait to hold him in the weeks to come. I don't know when that will be as he is quite teeny tiny right now but I can't wait. I get semi jealous seeing some of the other parents holding their babies and feeding them. Soon Lochlan - soon mommy and you will have a big long snuggle.


Thank you for continuing to pray. You'll never know how much it means to us.
Take care,
Jenn

p.s. I will try to take some pictures tomorrow and post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment